Pages

Caution

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shal have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitue for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog in reference to essential oils and herbs have not been evaluated by the FDA.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Have a Cough?

We currently have a cough at our house, here is what we are doing to get rid of it. Okay so it is just my kids that have this cough, Brody (3yrs old) and Bridger (10months) so we really can't use much medicine that is going to help.

Start the morning off with some Breath essential oil blend on the chest and on Guard essential oil blend on the backs of their necks and mine just in case. Along with the bottoms of their feet. I have put the oils in an easy to use roll on tube so that I don't have essential oil running all down my arms and theirs. You can purchase these from me for $1.50/tube for the empty tube. The tubes are similar to the one in the picture below, I put that on just to give you an idea of what I was meaning. If you would like me to fill it the price varies depending on the oils you choose, contact me if this is something you are interested in.




Then a spray of Silver Shield this is a product from Nature's sunshine. It is a natural anti-biotic, anti-viral spray. I have taken the dose down to about 1/4 of the adult recommendation for my kids.

For my 3 year old I give him the OnGuard cough drops from doTERRA (these are fantastic!!) retail ($

I am going to give both of them a foot zone today and really work over their lungs and sinuses. But make sure to hit everywhere cause we are all connected.

I will be putting a stone on both of them, I usually stick one in their pocket, under their pillow or mattress, or on a small bracelet (I know they are little boys, but if it is helping them I don't really care) I do try to make them as masculine as possible. To build up the immune system bloodstone

I will probably apply the oil again around lunch time.

There will be a lot of hand washing and water for both of them.

Then tonight before bed they will get a nice warm/hot bath with some essential oils mixed with sea salts, epsom salts, and baking soda. I would say about equal parts sea salts and epsom salts with about 1/2 the amount of baking soda. I usually make enough for a few baths at a time. Add as much or as little essential oils as you would like, but I would say about 5-10 drops/cup of mixture. I would add for a couple of baths about 1/2 C dead sea salts, 1/2 C epsom salts and 1/4 C baking soda with about 10 drops of essential oils. For my boys I will probably put in doTERRA's Breath blend, with doTERRA's OnGuard blend and a drop or two of lavender to help them sleep.

Then after the bath I will be putting the oils on them again.

Breath Essential oil 15ml $26.67
OnGuard Essential oil 15ml $42.67
Lavender Essential Oil 15ml $28.00
Empty Roller Bottle $1.50
Silver Shield 4oz. $32.65
OnGuard Throat Drops $20.00
OnGuard Hand Wash 16oz $24.67
Dead Sea Salts 1 lb. $2.90
Epsom Salts $1.30
Bracelet (baby size)$5.00
Bracelet (adult size)$8.00
If you would like to buy bath salts already mixed let me know what oils you want as this determines the price. Hope this is helpful to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment