Pages

Caution

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shal have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitue for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog in reference to essential oils and herbs have not been evaluated by the FDA.

Friday, January 1, 2010

January

When I think of January I think of cold, snow, and a time to reflect on the previous year and make goals for what I can do better. This said I have decided that each month I will be incorporating a new habit into my life, so at the end of the year I am a healthier, happier person in 12 new ways!! They say it takes 21-28 days to form a habit so I figure if I give myself a whole month I can do it.

My habit for January is to drink at least the recommended 8-10 glasses of water per day. I have heard many different recommendations on how much water we should be taking in... 8-10 glasses, 3 liters, 1/2 your body weight in ounces, but I figure that 8-10 glasses I am improving from what I get now, it is close to my body weight in ounces, close to 3 liters, and it is easy to remember.
I have decided that when things are simple, and fun you get them done!! Join with me by pledging in a comment to this post and at the end of the month January 31, to be exact, to keep it fun I will do a drawing for a free ecofriendly water bottle!! Be sure to include your e-mail or contact info so I can let you know if you won!!

Reasons to drink more water:
-75% of americans are Chronically dehydrated

-In 37% of americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger

-Even mild dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%

-One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 99% of dieters studied in a University of Washington study

-Lack of water is the #1 trigger for daytime fatigue

-Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water/day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers

-A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page

-Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79% and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

That said I would encourage you to get more water, but also remember the environment, and try to get a filter for your tap, and purchase a reusable water bottle so we can do our part to be green. It is said that only 2 out of every 10 water bottles actually gets recycled.

No comments:

Post a Comment