Pages

Caution

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shal have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitue for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog in reference to essential oils and herbs have not been evaluated by the FDA.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Project Feng Shui & Organize my house!!

Okay so yesterday cleaning and organizing my bonus room was a lot of work, it seemed like just when I got one area all cleaned and put away my kids were right behind me to mess it up. But I did get rid of a lot of junk, and garbage that was in that room, and actually made room for the Air Hockey Table my son got for Christmas. It is a room that I would like to be in now, and I am sure my kids feel the same way.

I ended up separating the kids toys into categories, learning and musical toys, cars, building toys, sports stuff, stuffed animals, tools, and misc toys. I am going to leave the stuffed animals, tools, and building toys in the play room all the time and then the other three bins are going to be rotated one will go in the play room, one in the closet downstairs (so they have something down there) and one will go away for a week or two. Then I will change the rotation so that they constantly have a new group of toys to play with. That way they are not so overwhelmed with all their toys, and they always feel like they have new toys.

Now here is for the real challenge, each night before bed as part of the night time routine we will go into the play room and pick up all our toys and put them away. That way this room will always stay clean and all that I will ever need to do is run a vacuum, dust, and and occasional window cleaning and wall wipe down. I will post pictures soon so you can see why it took me all day!!

Today's project will be Bridger's room, there is a lot that I need to go through and box up that he has outgrown. Hopefully this won't be as long of a process as the bonus room since there are very few things for them to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment