Pages

Caution

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shal have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitue for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog in reference to essential oils and herbs have not been evaluated by the FDA.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Goals

I was reading the other day and came across this great quote from the philosopher Nietzche, "He who has a why to live can bear almost any how." I thought this was so profound. Now here is the big question Why are we here? I believe it is to better ourselves no matter our circumstances. So how do we better ourselves, live each day better than the last, set goals and then mini stepping stones on how it is we will achieve these goals. Some of my goals are pretty obvious considering the stuff I write about, but being healthy and fit, being a good mom/wife/daughter/sister/friend, and learning and sharing that knowledge with those who are important to me. Okays so theses are pretty broad goals, but each of them come with a little more directness.

I would like to loose some fat and gain some muscle, and fit into a certain size jean.

I would like to make sure I make time always for the people I hold important and maintain good healthy relationships.

I would like to find the time each day to read or take a class to learn a little more about anything.

These are the larger goals, but then I have ministeps to begin to achieve each of them.

- drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- exercise at least 3 days a week
- cut back on candy and soda if not eliminate them, well mostly anyway.

- make sure to spend 20 minutes a day reading to my kids
- make time each day to play with my kids
- make a phone call to one person each day to find out how their day is

- read at least a few pages each day of something I can learn from
- take a class on something at least once a month
- Journal what I am learning and doing so I can continue to grow and learn.

What are some of your goals, have you taken the time to really understand why you are here? What is it you want to accomplish in our short time here on earth? I hope I have motivated you to search, and find some goals. It will help to write them down where you can read them often and remind yourself that you have a purpose, and a plan. It is such a sense of accomplishment to achieve a dream or a goal.

Sheena

No comments:

Post a Comment