Pages

Caution

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shal have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitue for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog in reference to essential oils and herbs have not been evaluated by the FDA.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Me Time

Okay in my quest for a healthy lifestyle, I have found that I have to have some time for me.  I think "Me Time" is so important especially when life gets stressful.  One way of relaxing and combating stress is to take yourself away from it for a moment (even just 10 min or so). By removing yourself from the stress and doing something you enjoy you give your body a break from the adrenaline rush that you are on called life.

When I take my "Me Time" my focus lately has been reading and I have found some fantastic books, the first series that I stumbled on and read all of them within a matter of a couple months was The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series, by JR Ward, they have been a fun escape for me, but are very adult, so I would not recommend them to anyone who is not married. 

Still it is a romance about a vampire society that lives among humans, and is fighting their enemy at the same time trying to build up their kingdom of vampires again.  Super addictive and fantastic.  
The first of these books is Dark Lover, I think that the titles are super cheesey.   After reading them and finding that they are kinda naughty(thus the awful titles), but they are very intense with the story as well, which makes them so fun. 

Book number 2 is Lover Eternal, probably one of my favorites, and it begins to unfold some more mystery behind all the vampire stuff.  I won't spoil it for you.  Each book is about a different character in the book and how they are involved within this little drama. 

Book 3 is Lover Awakened, and is probably to me one of the saddest of all the stories, and is one about abuse.  I really liked all of these books so very much it is hard to say if one is my favorite.  But I think I really love book 4 Lover Revealed, partly cause it is about a human that has become a part of this vampire world, and how he adapts.  I loved this book.  Book 5 is called Lover Unbound, this one was kinda weird for me, but I won't ruin it by telling you why... It is still a great book, and a must read.  The next in the series is Lover Enshrined, this one was probably my least favorite, but it was one about addiction.  It was still a fantastic book, but if I had to pick my least favorite it would be this one, it seemed to drag out a bit. (still worth the read though)  The last one that is out is called Lover Avenged, and this is probably one of my favorites as well, as the story really starts to unfold with this book.  I have the next book #7 on pre-order with Amazon and am paciently waiting for April 27 to roll around so I can get the next book under way.  These books have been a wonderful escape for me, and have been a great "Me Time" read.  The author, JR Ward has a way of writing that just makes you feel part of the story somehow.  Again I would recommend these to anyone who is married and won't be offended by a little love scene here and there. (okay by a little I mean a big, she is pretty descriptive, at least I thought so).  I am not one to read dirty romance novels, and actually didn't realize this series was when someone recommended them to me as "The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series"  If I had read the titles I might have been aware before I purchased them.  But for one that does not read dirty romance novels, I would read these ones again.  Hope you can all find some "Me time" for yourselves, even if it isn't reading dirty novels, it is important to find some time to yourself to do something you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment