Pages

Caution

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shal have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitue for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog in reference to essential oils and herbs have not been evaluated by the FDA.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Fabulous Food Friday!

Okay so I love to cook, and I love even more to bake (even though I know that all the sugar and sweets are horrible for you).  So here is my compromise, I will be posting on this blog some of my favorite healthy recipes, along with a few of my not so healthy recipes and I will warn you in advance if it is a not so good for you recipe, and I will try to post more healthy recipes than non-healthy recipes.  Also if you have anything fantastic that you would like to share with us all that would be great too.  I will try to post pictures when I remember to take them, but don't be mad if I forget... sometimes when I am cooking away I forget that someone might want to take a peek at what I am doing.  Also some of my recipes are a make as you go, and I don't have exact ingredient amounts, but I will try to be as specific as possible.  Be patient with me and I will try to remember to take pics as I go.

This week the recipe is one I don't have a picture for, but have to share with you because it was fantastic, and I think pretty healthy. 

Chicken Quesadillas!!!

Ingredients you will need
Olive oil (a little for the pan to cook your chicken in) approx 1 Tbsp
Chicken breasts/tenders 1 breast per quesadilla
Onion 
Low fat/fat free sour cream 1 Tbsp per quesadilla
Your favorite salsa about 1/8 cup per quesadilla
Bunch or two of Cilantro (I used half for my mix, and the other half to top)
Weight watchers reduced fat mexican style shredded cheese (I used about 1/2 a bag for 3 quesadillas)
Salt & pepper to taste
Tortillas preferably wheat

Cut your chicken into 1inch cubes, chop your onion, and in olive oil over medium heat in a frying pan.  Season to your liking with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you typically use (taco seasoning would be great although I didn't think of it this time).  When the chicken is cooked through mix it in a bowl with the sour cream, salsa, cilantro and cheese (don't use all your cheese).  Take and in the frying pan place a tortilla spread a small amount of cheese on the bottom, and add the chicken mixture over top, then top with another tortilla.  Warm until the cheese is melted, and flip.  Top with additional sour cream, cilantro, and salsa if you need, but I didn't think it needed anything else.  Serve with a big salad, and you have a fantastic healthy well rounded little meal.  One thing I thought would taste great after the fact was to add black beans to your chicken mixture.  I will for sure be trying this next time.  One thing to keep in mind the more sour cream and cheese you add the less healthy this little meal gets, so make sure to use those items in moderation, and I will try to have more exact measurements for you with the next recipe.  Would love to hear what you have made this week, any suggestions you might have, and if you try this recipe, what did you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment