Pages

Caution

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shal have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitue for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog in reference to essential oils and herbs have not been evaluated by the FDA.

Friday, January 28, 2011

New Years Resolutions Update



How are you doing on your new years resolutions/goals.  We are one month later almost and some of mine are going great, however some I am struggling with just a bit.  It is all about finding that balance.  Here is where I am at with what I committed to.

Husband goal - dedicate one night a week to date night and take turns with taking each other out, the goal is to make sure there are 52 dates this year!!!

Okay so far we have been out pretty close to once a week.  We really do need to put in a little more effort with the planning of these dates.  Money has been a little tight lately so it will be interesting to come up with dates that are both fun and affordable.

Mom Goal -Read to my kids for 20 minutes at least 4 days a week.


House Goal - Declutter my home for 15 minutes every day.


This is one I had not originally included in my goals, but I need it.  I would really like to have a wonderful organized home that is free of junk by the end of the year.  I have been doing this for the past week and it is helping soo much that I needed to add it to my goals.


This one is going okay, between me and Dustin reading to them we are hitting this goal, but I would really like to do it all on my own.  Hopefully next month will be a little better.

Physical Goal - I would like to run a minimum of 260 miles this year. (I know that for those of you who run this isn't a huge amount, but it is big for me!)

This one was going great until my knee started hurting me, but I am putting in the miles, just not running.  I will get there.  So far I have put in 19 miles, I am definitely going to have to step it up if I am going to make my goal.  At this rate I will be short about 30 miles by the end of the year.  For the remainder of the year I need to be averaging 21.91 miles per month.

Mental Goal - My friend Amy did a similar one last year (hers was to read a book a week for the year 52 books in a year wow!!)  I would like to commit to reading 26 adult books (no not naughty books, but not children's books like green eggs and ham).
So far this year I have read
Vampire Academy Signature Edition: A Vampire Academy Novel  I liked it.
Frostbite (Vampire Academy, Book 2)  I liked it more.
Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, Book 3)  I loved it!!
Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4) I Loved it more
{THE MEN'S HEALTH BIG BOOK OF FOOD & NUTRITION} BY Weber, Joel (Author )The Men's Health Big Book of Food & Nutrition(Paperback)  This one was super interesting and all about the food we eat and how it can help us in our plans for weigh loss and fitness.
Joyful Mother of Children: The Magic and Mayhem of Motherhood  This was great for me to read and realize I am not the only mom out there who has her moments (granted I only have 2 kids and the author of this book had like 14 or something)  But it was a great book that inspired me to not be so down on myself about motherhood, it is hard work.

Spiritual Goal - Commit to regular scripture study (I am going to set my goal of 1 hr a week)  Okay so I have really sucked at this, I haven't so much as cracked my scriptures except for the lesson I taught 2 weeks ago...  I am hoping to have 52 hours logged by the end of the year, and thus far I am at 0.  I am definately going to need to step it up here.

Nutritional Goal - track my food intake so I don't overeat.  I would really love to say that I am going to give up sugar for the year, or eat more veggies (but I am being realistic)  I bet if i track my food intake I end up eating much less sugar and more veggies just because I will be aware.  I have done pretty good at this one.  I have been doing the game on diet as you all know, and keeping pretty good track of what i am eating, however I plan to start putting it all in and being even better on my spark people page.

Fun Goal - I would like to make sure I am creating something new each month of the year so by the end of the year I should have finished at least 12 creative projects...  Ummmm I have not so much as even thought of creating anything this month.  I have a couple days left, I may be making me some pajama pants or something similarly easy.

Work Goal - I would really like to write a book, so my goal is to finish a chapter a week.  I think that my goals for work have changed, what I really want is to have a functioning website and not just a blog.  So that is my new work goal.  I have been doing some research and finding out what is the best hosting site for this.  So my new work goal is to have a wonderful high traffic website by the end of the year.

How are you doing with your goals/resolutions?  I would really love to hear what others are doing and how they are coming along.  If you aren't making your goals what is your plan to get back on track?

No comments:

Post a Comment