Pages

Caution

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shal have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitue for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog in reference to essential oils and herbs have not been evaluated by the FDA.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolutions

New years resolutions always start with a big bang, and fizzle by the end of January.  I think that part of the problem is that people don't set realistic resolutions,  or they set one's that cannot be measured.  I think the most common are weightloss, eat healthier, spend less, save more, go on a vacation.

Well this year here are mine.
Hmmm... I have been pondering on this one since November... I would like to include some fun one's this year, in addition to having a few catagories to keep me balanced.

Husband goal - dedicate one night a week to date night and take turns with taking each other out, the goal is to make sure there are 52 dates this year!!!

Mom Goal -Read to my kids for 20 minutes at least 4 days a week.

Physical Goal - I would like to run a minimum of 260 miles this year. (I know that for those of you who run this isn't a huge amount, but it is big for me!)

Mental Goal - My friend Amy did a similar one last year (hers was to read a book a week for the year 52 books in a year wow!!)  I would like to commit to reading 26 adult books (no not naughty books, but not children's books like green eggs and ham).

Spiritual Goal - Commit to regular scripture study (I am going to set my goal of 1 hr a week)

Nutritional Goal - track my food intake so I don't overeat.  I would really love to say that I am going to give up sugar for the year, or eat more veggies (but I am being realistic)  I bet if i track my food intake I end up eating much less sugar and more veggies just because I will be aware.

Fun Goal - I would like to make sure I am creating something new each month of the year so by the end of the year I should have finished at least 12 creative projects.

Work Goal - I would really like to write a book, so my goal is to finish a chapter a week.

I am hoping to keep you all posted on how my progress is coming.  I think that these are fun resolutions that I can see in progress, in fact I think I will make a tracker that goes along with all of this to put on the side of my blog so you can all know where I am at with all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment