Pages

Caution

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shal have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitue for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog in reference to essential oils and herbs have not been evaluated by the FDA.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

SUNSHINE WHERE ARE YOU?

I have noticed for myself that there is a direct corrilation between my physical energy levels and the amount of sunshine outside.  On Monday for instance it was a fantastically sunny day, and I woke up at 5:00AM, yes you read that correctly... went to work, and got off at 3:00PM.  Typically I would be exhausted at this point, but my kids and I came home and cleaned out the car, and then came in and cleaned up in the house, jumped on the trampoline, and then made dinner.  I felt great!  Today the sunshine has hidden itself behind many clouds that are pouring out just enough snow to make it icky out.  I feel lower in energy especially this morning, but I forced myself on the treadmill and went for about 4 miles.  After that I was feeling better, but still find myself less energized than when I have the sunshine.  So here are my tips for those of you who need the sun to operate...
  • EXERCISE!!!  this is key, this gets the endorphins flowing so you feel better, and gives your body a boost.
  • Essential oils - Peppermint, any citrus oil such as lemon, orange, grapefruite or lime, jasmine, and lavender.  Yes lavender will help you sleep, but it will also help you if you need a boost, it is like a camelion, it changes with what you need.
  • Water - just mild dehydration can leave you feeling sluggish and low on energy.
  • Herbal supplements - St. Johns Wart
  • Affirmations - think anything positive, pay attention to your thoughts, and turn the negative one's around!!
Hope this helps you defeat the lack of sun today, and hopefully it will be back soon!!

Sheena

No comments:

Post a Comment