Pages

Caution

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shal have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitue for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog in reference to essential oils and herbs have not been evaluated by the FDA.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Just do it!!

I know some of you have had that overwhelmed feeling about something be it weight-loss, housework, school, achieving a goal, or just life in general.  Well I was feeling super overwhelmed with housework about 9 months ago and posted this on facebook oneday, and to my rescue came a great friend recommending a website called flylady. http://www.flylady.net  I liked the name, I was desperate to try something that helped.  So I signed up and and been attempting to follow her plan for cleaning and organizing my home.  Well her whole point is that you have a daily routine that you get through, and in the routine you take 15 minutes to declutter (which no one likes to do).  Well from there she send out little 15 minute assignments here and there.  The more I have thought about this 15 minutes is really a decent amount of time if we really get in there and get it done.  I can do anything for 15 minutes right. 

Well the more I have followed this the more I have realized that I can implement this 15 minutes into anything that I am not necissarily loving to do.  So take 15 minutes and exercise... really 15 minutes doesnt' seem like that long, but it is better than not getting in a workout, and probably more often than not you will find that you end up doing it for longer.  If you are already getting in your exercise 15 minutes a day then try something else that you might have a hard time remembering or liking.  Weeding - I can weed the garden for 15 minutes a day right, well of course that isn't a big deal.  Reading - I can read a fun book, an educational book, my scriptures whatever your goal is just pick 15 minutes a day.  Meditation, using your oils, washing your face, reading to your kids, whatever it is that you may be struggling with.

The whole idea is that if you overwhelm yourself with a huge to-do list you probably will only do it for a day, and not keep up with it since you spend  your entire day dedicated to it.  So take 15 minutes, start small.  There is a quote that I remember hearing and I can't remember it word for word nor do I know who said it but it basically says through small things great things are accomplished.   Remember that, just 15 minutes, next time there is something you don't want to do that you really should just do it for 15 minutes.  Set your timer it makes it even more fun, kind of a race.

Have a great day!!!

Sheena

No comments:

Post a Comment