Pages

Caution

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shal have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitue for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog in reference to essential oils and herbs have not been evaluated by the FDA.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Game on Diet

So we ended up with 5 teams of 3, so 15 people committed to getting healthy and hopefully shedding some lbs along the way.  I will be excited to post how we are all doing after 1 week.  Day 2 for me seemed a little easier but I really felt like I wanted some sugar... so for one of my meals I had part of a yogurt (key lime flavor) some cottage cheese, and part of an apple all mixed together, it was sooo good, and curbed my sweet tooth for the day.  I may have to have that every day as I am finding I really want a treat.  I can't decide how long I am going to wait to take my day off, but it is something that keeps me motivated.  I got on the scale this morning so after 2 days of being healthy and cutting all the crap and getting in a good workout each day I have lost a couple pounds, this is VERY motivating for me to keep going.  I find the afternoon is my hardest time of day... I seem to have a little energy drop and get really sleepy hopefully my body gets used to this soon.  Day 2 my meals went as follows.   (as you can see I am not cooking a whole lot, which is nice)

1 - grapefruit and a boiled egg
2 - oatmeal with a string cheese
3 - grilled chicken with asparagus
4 - yogurt, fruit and cottage cheese
5 - spaghetti (whole wheat) with marinara sauce a salad and some grilled chicken with some walnuts sprikled on the pasta.

And a whole ton of water with every meal.  I usually have my 3 liters drank by about 3pm which is nice to have done so I am not up all night at the potty :)

For my workout I did the 30 day shred with Jillian, and then in the afternoon when I get my energy slump I tried going fr a run to see if I could boost my energy (it didn't), but it felt good to get in a run anyway.  Can't wait to see what 1 week of this does for me.  I know I am going to feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment